Spell check, bookmarks, complete Python API, Goto function, instant project switching, multiple choices, multiple windows, etc.
Following some of the great features that make Sublime Text stand out from other code editors:
- Multiple cursors: Once you have discovered multiple cursors you won’t want to work without them anymore. As the name suggests they let you write or edit in multiple places in a document at the same time.
- Vintage mode: Vim keyboard shortcuts will work just like in the original Vim editor. To use them, all you need to do is to enable vintage mode.
- Lightning fast: This is the fastest code editor you will find right now.
- Command pallet: A great feature that allows you to reach about all functions of the editor via the keyboard. You will hardly use your mouse and thus code more efficiently.
- Plugin collection: A hugely active community creates plugins for almost any task in Sublime Text. This includes syntax highlighting and code snippets for a large number of languages, for example jаvascript, PHP, CSS, HTML, Python, LESS, XML and C++ to name just a few.
- Package control: This add-on let’s you install plugins within seconds directly from the editor.
“The best aspect, though, is that Sublime is a developer’s best buddy. It is both plugin friendly and rich; in fact, there are instructions available on how to create your own Sublime plugin.” -Sublime Text
“I have had a very positive overall experience with Sublime, especially the add-ons (like git) that make the development of the software incredibly simple.”
“There were so many aspects of Sublime that I admired. The extensive capability of this editor is what I appreciate most.”
“I usually enjoy using Sublime because it’s so simple to use and has so many options,” the user said.
Cons -Sublime Text
“The intrusive window urging you to purchase the complete version irritates me because I haven’t yet bought a license. I anticipate that this will eventually annoy me to the point where I spend the money to fix it.”
“Even when there is no issue, the editor sometimes displays an error warning when I copy and paste my code. Unless I explicitly type the code into the editor.”
We will need to install extensions in order to fully utilize its capabilities because it requires more internal tools and functionalities.
“Many individuals, including myself, find the pop-up purchase alert obnoxious. The User Experience (UX) is not something I favor.” -Sublime Text
Mac cracked apps screenshot: