The soundtrack takes the best of the synth-pop and jazz genres and sets the tone for thrilling racing across exotic landscapes around the world, including cities, deserts, forests, mountains and beaches. Drift mechanics and the use of air currents around the car add depth to the gameplay, making it challenging and fun.
Slipstream is a racing game inspired by the visuals, music, games and cars from the late 80s and early 90s. It’s built on a custom game engine, with an authentic retro feel and unique graphics. The soundtrack, drawing from synthpop and jazz fusion influences, sets the tone for a race across a variety of exotic locations from all around the world, including cities, deserts, forests, mountains and beaches. Drifting and slipstreaming mechanics add depth to the driving gameplay, and the result is a challenging and exciting experience.
- Authentic pseudo-3D game engine with 2D graphics, just like the glory days of the arcade racers.
- 20 Different tracks, set on a variety of exotic locations all around the world… and beyond.
- Local multiplayer up to 4 players!
- 6 Game modes:
- Grand Tour, a road trip through exotic landscapes, with branching paths and rivals to race against.
- Cannonball, a freely customizable race mode with optional traffic, rivals and other racers
- Grand Prix, a championship mode with five races back to back and money prizes used to upgrade your car!
- Single Race, just a race in any of the game’s 20 tracks
- Time Trial, a solo race against time
- Battle Royale, an elimination endurance race mode
- 5 Car models, each with its own specs and playstyle.
- Original soundtrack with 9 exclusive songs + you can add your own music.
- A variety of graphical options to customize the game’s visuals, including 30fps mode, CRT and NTSC filters.
Mac cracked app screenshot: