This astronomy program charts the stars, planets, and other celestial objects such as comets and asteroids and lets you navigate through space. SkyORB features a 3D interface, a search engine, a large catalog of stars (Hyparcos), deep objects (NGC/IC 2000) planets, current satellite (including current launch missions) (MPC) and let you choose see the actual sky from any point on Earth.
- Allows you to fine tune your observation location from the database of by entering longitude and latitude or automatically with Location Services,
- Calendar of astronomy events, and astronomy news.
- Information like sunset and sunrise are computed as well as moonrise and moonset and full / new moon dates and automatically generated calendar of upcoming astronomy events.
- 3D planetarium with planets and satellites and 3 different views with 3D objects with different level of details using photo realistic textures and visuals.
- 3D animation of the solar system in real-time or fast forward, with actual facts for each planets.
- 3D sky map with real-time precession with planets, stars, constellations, deep objects, comets and satellites,
- Comets and satellites trajectories which can be updated among 6 differents databases including IAU Minor Planet Center.
- Displays the world map sun clock with rise and set.
- Multi-touch trackpad (on some devices) with pinching-to-zoom gesture is supported for zoom-in and out.
- Universal search engine.
- Weather retrieval base from location.
- macOS features like push notification with important astronomy news, today widget : Get push notifications from astronomy news found in the press, and personnalized astronomy events and observation available near you.
- Personal location can be used for improving rendering of the start chart.
Thanks for using SkyORB. Here the changes in this version:
- Redesigned timeshift interface using a dial. Orbits are now displayed when using it.
- Improved search engine : stars can be search by Hyparcos, Gliese or proper name.
- Added Methuselah star.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later
Mac cracked app screenshot: