All new features in version 3:
ScriptLight: Search Your Scripts
Start typing to see a summary of matchings scripts. Select the one you want, or just press return to run the top result.
Track Your Tasks
Active scripts are listed in the script menu, so you can monitor their progress, or end them early if they’ve run amok.
Massively Parallel Productivity
Scripts get their own own high-performance execution process, so you won’t get stuck waiting for long tasks before starting another.
Little things that add up: keyboard shortcut conflict detection, improved message panels, and support for symbolic links!
Time-honored core features:
Powerful Keyboard Shortcuts
Global or application-specific control at the tip of your fingers. You’ll spend less time mousing and more time doing.Smart Context Switching
Keep your focus on the current application, while time-saving scripts attract your attention only when necessary.And yet there is even more…
Curious about what else FastScripts has to offer? Read more on the finer points page.
Enhanced Script Menu
An upgrade to the Apple Script Menu – a familiar design with many usability improvements and a refined UI.Scripting Language Agnostic
AppleScript, Perl, Automator workflows, even whole applications and documents can be added to your Scripts folder and invoked by FastScripts.
- Fix an interaction with Bartender app that caused the Preferences panel to open when selecting a script
- Re-fix an issue that caused custom colored menu bar icons to appear enabled on secondary screens
- Remove NSAppleScriptEnabled Info.plist key from FastScripts Script Runner
- New preference to hide the Scriptlight search field in the FastScripts menu
- Scriptability enhancements to FastScripts itself
- The “invoke” command can now be called with an arbitrary file as the parameter to run scripts outside of your script collection
- New “script tasks” element provides access to running tasks, which can be force quit via script
- New “preferences window” property provides scripted access to showing preferences window
FastScripts is a super-charged replacement for the Apple “Script Menu” menu extra. In addition to the functionality provided by Apple’s Script Menu utility, it offers a number of compelling improvements:
- User-definable keyboard shortcuts for any scripts in the menu
- “SmartSwitching” avoids unnecessary context switches
- Elegant Application-Specific scripts support
- Convenient shortcuts for editing and revealing scripts
Mac cracked apps screenshot: